Sunday 24 March 2013

3 Rows Forward, 4 Rows Back

It really is impossible to crochet this beautiful ripple blanket whilst doing anything else other concentrating on the job at hand. I've tried to sneak in rows before dinner or while the children are running around or while I'm on the phone. However justice cannot be done to the pattern when my attention is divided. I have pulled out way too many rows now to even bother trying multi-tasking whilst rippling away. So now I must dedicate very specific time to this blankie. Time when there will be no interruptions, no drinks to get or dinner to stir, no phone calls to take and no children about. Just me and my blankie, and then I may have some progress!

I am following other ripply blanket goodness on the One Crafty Mamma blog. Unfortunately this blogger app I have does not allow me to link other sites and I am about to do away with it because of that. But do look it up along with On Polkadot Lane where the lovely Kelly is rippling away in Upwey with a gorgeous ocean breeze colour theme. Or maybe it's the sky and the trees!

So far I have 50 and a bit rows of pure merino. It's a ripple of rainbow colours. Bright and vibrant and I'm hoping it looks good on our queen size bed. Thank goodness autumn has finally arrived and I actually feel like having my lap snuggled under rows of merino wool.
x Le x



4 comments:

  1. It's looking stunnng Le! And so big too - how many stitches did you start with? I think my blankets more along the lines of 'ocean breeze' in colouring ;-) - thanks for mentioning me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To you're welcome Kelly. I started with 217 stitches and it almost covers the whole width of our queen size bed! I figure once the rippling is done, there will be a border or some kind of edging which will bring it out to the width of our bed! It's the biggest thing I've ever made!

      Delete
  2. It took me 9 attempts to get my blanket started, but once I worked out the pattern I was on a roll :D ISuch lovely, bright colours - can't wait to see the finished blanket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shandell. I'm in love with the colours. It took so so long to decide on the colourway and I decided to let nature lead the way with a rainbow. I really wanted something to be a focal point in our room as we are hopeless with getting photos or pictures up on the wall, it has to a be a big, beautiful blankie! I think I have unravelled about 12 hrs of crochet all up and mostly because I was oly 1 stitch out. The trouble with the pattern is that a mistake doesn't really show until quite a few rows have passed and that is we're I came undone - literally!

      Delete